Thursday, April 10, 2008

My Thoughts


So today was awesome...I had the day off. Every since watching a movie called the Jane Austen Book Club, I am determined to read all of Jane Austen's Books. I have already read Northanger Abbey and now I am finishing up with Persuasion. I love Persuasion. It is such a haunting story. you watch as Ann comes out of her depression and into the light. The story is about this couple Ann Elliot and Capt. Wentworth. They were engaged and then Ann's friend persuades her not to marry him because he has no money and no family to "recommend him". Eight years later they are thrown together. Capt. Wentworth is not very happy with Ann and treats her horribly, completely ignoring her. And the story follows them as the rekindle their love. I know Jane Austen is well known for Pride and Prejudice, but if you have not read or seen this movie, give it a chance. You will fall in love with her just as you did with Elizabeth Bennett.

No comments: